February 21st, 2013: Another Short Update

Today I was back in Los Angeles, working at USC.  However, even though I was working, I was in contact with my dad via text message most of the day.  My mom was moved out of ICU and now has her own room!  Small steps!

My mami also stood (not sure if it was with or without support) for 30 minutes and sat down without support for 32 minutes.  She started acupuncture on her ears so to subdue the pain she is feeling.  The more the pain is controlled the easier it is for her to focus on recovering.  

Also, today, she had voice therapy.  I can tell her voice is coming back stronger.  I was able to talk to her on the phone for a few minutes.  She is absolutely one of the strongest women I know.  I am so blessed to have her as an example of strength, perseverance, and love in my life.

I received an email today from GBS International and was given contact information of two people who live in Southern California who might be of support for my family through this, they are GBS survivors.  After talking to my mom about the information I received I decided to call the two people.  I called both of them tonight.  One answered.  The person I left a message on their machine.  It's amazing how total strangers, who have faced similar paths, can instantly feel like close friends.                                                                                                                 
Thank you for your continued prayers.                            

The picture above was taken July 2012. 
        

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 23rd, 2020: My Reflections on Mass & the Eucharist during Covid-19

January 7th, 2020: Ministering from the Heart of God

February 7th, 2013: My Mami