February 16th, 2013: Things I Re-Learned From My Mami Today

My mami was filled with lots of insight today!  Things I have re-learned from my mami today:

1)  You must stay strong through challenging times.  If you don't feel strong, pray.  God will give you strength.


2)  Pray.  Pray all of the time.  Don't allow your favorite past time to be playing on your cell phone, watching TV, listening to music that does not build your relationship with God.  Pray unceasingly.


3)  Continue to build the relationships in your life.  Love the people that are in front of you.  Love the people who have hurt you.  Love the people who you have hurt.  Love people you do not know.  

4)  Don't hang onto issues of the past.  Let past mistakes change your future actions.


5)  Don't hold on to regret.  Don't allow it to weigh you down.  Regret won't change the past.  However, allow it to transform your future.  


6)  Forgive others.  Forgive yourself.  Move on.  Love.


Today I also learned that my mami has Miller Fisher Syndrome (http://tinyurl.com/ctuqm4x) which is a variation of GBS.  Most people who have MFS fully recover in 6 months.  Thank you for your continued prayers!


The picture on the lower right side of this blog is of me in my mami's hospital room.  My mami's nurses want us to wear all the garb so that we don't contaminate her with any outside germs.  My dad placed the stethoscope around my neck and started calling me, Dr. Chinea Shawver.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 23rd, 2020: My Reflections on Mass & the Eucharist during Covid-19

January 7th, 2020: Ministering from the Heart of God

February 7th, 2013: My Mami