February 18th, 2013: Short Update About My Mami

My mami is healing in baby steps.  Today she had more movement in her left arm.  My mami was also able to speak a little bit louder.

Imagine when your leg falls asleep.  What does it feel like when it starts to wake up?  It tingles and burns.  This is what my mami is feeling as her entire body "wakes up".  It was hard to see her in pain.  However, we know that it's good that her body is "waking up".  We are working on a plan for pain management.  It's all a part of the process.  

As I pray my examen (http://tinyurl.com/br5vu8e) tonight there are several places I have seen God's presence:

1)  Eva (pictured on the right), my cousin Carmen's baby.  She made me smile a lot.  She was a calming presence.
2)  The long conversation I had with my mami tonight about life and love.
3)  My cousin, Carlos, who came to visit from New Jersey.  It's been nice to have a family member here who is a doctor.  Not only has he provided us with good advice but also a lot of great laughs.  I love being around him!

Please continue praying for all of us.  I know this is exhausting for my mom - physically, mentally, and spiritually.  It is also difficult on our family.  This is going to be a long process of healing.  Prayers are really appreciated.  

Comments

Steve Herrera said…
So glad to hear the progress mami's making. Thanks for sharing the St Ignatius link, too. Gonna try to spend some more time with it myself.
Love you guys.
Erin Pascal said…
Sending up a prayer to our Blessed Mother for the continued recovery of your Mami. May Our Heavenly Great Physician touch her body and take away her illness.

Popular posts from this blog

April 23rd, 2020: My Reflections on Mass & the Eucharist during Covid-19

January 7th, 2020: Ministering from the Heart of God

February 7th, 2013: My Mami