March 4th, 2013: Short Update

Today was a big day for my mami!  At 12:30pm my papi arranged for my mami to see her dog, Paco!  It's sort of nuts to think about Paco, this huge, horse like, Bearnaise Mountain Dog, that weights as much as me, going to a rehabilitation facility.  But Paco made it.  He visted my mami in the healing garden on the ground level of the facility.  While I was not present at this reunion, I know that they both rejoiced in one another's presence.

Later today my mami passed her swallowing test!  This means that she no longer has her feeding tube!  My mami's first meal was mashed potatoes, gravy, chicken, spinach, dessert, juice and water.  I hope she got her froyo!  Whether she did or not, I am going to bring her froyo on Wednesday.  Conveniently, Yogurtland is right next to the rehabilitation facility!  I am looking forward to seeing my mami without any tubes stuck to her face. 

I am re-listening to Fr. Greg Boyle's CD from LA Congress.  The layers of wisdom during his talk are hard to grasp if you only listen to it one time.  On the CD it states that once when Fr. Greg was being interviewed the interviewer asked him, how does it feel to have saved so many lives of individuals affected by gangs?  Fr. Greg responded with something like, "I don't mean to be rude, but, every time I interact with homies I am the one that's being saved.  They teach me humility.  They teach me patience.  They teach me love.  I don't save them, they save me."    
As we pray for local elections tomorrow here in Los Angeles, the prayerful selection of our new Pope in Rome in the coming weeks, and the continuation of our conversion towards Christ this Lenten season let's reflect upon Fr. Greg's words of wisdom, allowing those who we minister to, work and interact with to change our lives towards Godliness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 23rd, 2020: My Reflections on Mass & the Eucharist during Covid-19

January 7th, 2020: Ministering from the Heart of God

February 7th, 2013: My Mami