March 27th, 2013: Joy

Today's visit with my mami was the best visit I have had with her since the onset of her GBS.  I did not leave her side all day, except for about 2 hours while she slept and I played cards with the rest of my family.

As I reflect upon my day with her I cannot pinpoint exactly why I am so joyful.  Perhaps its because being home has a better feeling than going into a hospital?  Or maybe its the comfort of not having to follow any hospital rules?  And Sofia being able to run around my mami like everything is back to normal?  Perhaps its the fact that I saw my mom get in and out of bed easier without much help?  Or maybe its just because this is the first day off of work that I have had in 10 days and I was able to be fully present to her without distractions?    

The source of joy I know is God.  I know that God has given my mami the strength to recover rather quickly.  Today I walked with my mami, she was assisted by a walker, for about 10 minutes in front of her house.  She got up and down stairs.  She ate normal food.  She went to the restroom alone.  We even opened a twitter account for her!  Two weeks truly has made a difference in her recovery.  

Today was a great day spent with family.  Sofia fell asleep in my arms.  These moments I treasure.  She is growing up so quickly and I want to cherish them as long as I can.  My mami wanted me to lay next to her while she attempted to sleep.  I did.  It was nice to just hug her.  I talked to my mami a lot!  We talked about Appalachia, students at USC, Sofia's second birthday, family, Pope Francis and much more.  I played cards with Mike, his dad, my papi, mami, aunt and uncle.  We laughed and we were competitive   It was so much fun.  All of us shared two great meals together.  I am just so blessed to have a family that is so loving, faithful, and caring.  As I type this, tears are forming in my eyes.  These tears are of joy and gratitude.  Tears of thankfulness to God.

Thank you for your continued prayers.  

A.M.D.G.          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 23rd, 2020: My Reflections on Mass & the Eucharist during Covid-19

January 7th, 2020: Ministering from the Heart of God

February 7th, 2013: My Mami