Sept. 6th, 2011: Rosie & Sofia's Pregnancy Journal

When Sofia was in my belly I kept a journal on another website, http://www.thebump.com/. Now that Sofia is born the website will not let me update anything. It's actually quite annoying. Anyway, I am going to transfer all of that information into this blog so that I consolidate and don't loose information.

Also, for now, since I am busy raising Sofia Rose with Mike, I am going to do very short posts. They will mainly revolve around things Sofia Rose is doing. I will include pictures. Occasionally, when inspired, I will include longer posts.

http://chineaandshawverbaby.ourbabychannel.com/ This is the journal I wrote on http://www.thebump.com/.

Rosie & Sofia's Journal:

01/10/11: She is kicking often. Last night she woke me up about four times with her little kicks and punches. At this point I am adoring and in awe of every kick, punch, twist, and turn. Mike has felt her kick at least four times in the last few weeks. Every time he feels her move it fills me with joy. Yesterday at mass Mike made announcements from a microphone. Sofia kicked, hard, three times while he was speaking! She heard her dad and was excited. This upcoming weekend Mike, Sofia and I are headed to California to visit with my very sick Titi (aunt) Rose (Sofia Rose's namesake). I hope Titi Rosie gets to feel Sofia move!

01/12/11: Sofia's an active baby today! I actually felt her hiccup for the first time. It was funny to watch my belly move up and down in a rhythmic fashion.

01/16/11: Sofia has kicked 10 times in less than 1 minute! We have been in California for my aunt Rose's services, she passed away on 01/14/11. We will miss her dearly. Sofia will hear a lot about the aunt whom she is named after. My mom felt Sofia kick on 01/14/11. My dad is still awaiting to feel her kick.

01/17/11: Sofia kicked 10 times in 3 minutes today. She definitely is a mover. :o) My Papi (dad) felt her move today!!! What a great Birthday present for him. Today at Costco my dad told a random stranger that his daughter was pregnant with a baby girl. Ito (Grandpa) Rolando is very excited for Sofia to come into this world! We also bought Sofia's crib. She will get a DaVinci Emily Convertible Crib in Cherry. It received high ratings on Consumer Reports and it was a decent price! Mike and I are very excited.

01/18/11: We flew back from CA early today. As the plane was descending into Albuquerque Sofia kicked like crazy! The altitude must cause babies to squirm.

1/21/11: Mike put together Sofia's crib!

1/28/11: My parents purchased Sofia her crib bedding and Mike's parents purchased her the stroller/car seat! Our next few steps include purchasing a washer & dryer and painting Sofia's room! We are thrilled. My belly grew 4cm since our last doctors appointment 3 weeks ago. She is growing and moving. The registries as of today are pretty much done...everything on them are things we need/want...so they are ready to go. You, however, can be sure that in the next few weeks you will see more items added. :o)

1/30/11: Sofia is very active today! She is kicking a lot! A active baby is a healthy baby.

1/31/11: Sofia & I were up this morning at 3:30AM and I did not go back to sleep until 5AM. She was kicking and hungry. I think I am feeling both her movements and more hunger because she is growing. On average babies at 29 weeks weigh about 2.5 lbs. We snacked on yogurt and 1 liter of water...yes...at probably around 4AM! Today she has been active doing her water aerobics again. This weekend was a bit rough for me. I am starting to feel third trimester nausea. No fun. But it will all be worth it when baby Sofia arrives.

2/1/11: Sofia & I got to sleep in today! It's a snow day in Albuquerque! I wrote a blog on being a mother and a mother's sacrifice on this website: http://catholic-in-the-city.blogspot.com/. Sofia kicked 10 times in 3 minutes today. She's her usual active self. Yesterday we put the sheets on her new crib. It looks adorable. We decided on bright colors because it helps with her sensory development. Plus, Sofia will share these sheets with her brother and sister whenever God graces us with another child. You can see pictures on this site under the photos tab.

2/4/11: We had four snow days in Albuquerque! Today is probably the last snow day of the season. Sofia has been relaxing, moving, and doing her water aerobics. Tonight let's see how she reacts to watching Wicked, the musical. Update: The whole show (Wicked) Sofia was kicking like crazy! She must like the different instruments and voices of musicals.

2/6/11: Sofia kept me up this early morning (5AMish). Her kicks are getting harder! Tomorrow she will be 30 weeks! Time is flying!

2/8/11: Since we are in the third trimester we are now meeting with our midwife every other week. Today we found out that my belly grew 5cm in two weeks!!! It is so amazing. She is growing so quickly. Early this morning Sofia woke me up at 3:30AM...and I have not fallen asleep since. Seems like tonight might be an early night for Sofia's mother. :o)

2/9/11: Today is the day I feel the most pregnant. Sofia is growing quickly and the weight is making me sleepy, I am beginning to waddle, and well, I just feel very pregnant. Although I am grateful that last night I slept for 7 hours straight without waking up!

2/11/11: Our stroller and car seat came in! Thank you Mary & Mike for the wonderful gift. Mike put it together last night and was rolling around the house with it saying he was "practicing" for when Sofia arrives. Today Mike is looking to purchase a washer and dryer for our home. And Sofia...she is kicking often....sign of a healthy baby.

2/15/11: We received a baby blanket from a dear friends mother and some small baby items from Rosie's parents this last week. Sofia's feeling the love. Sofia spent Valentine's Day enjoying the food her mother prepared, BBQ Pulled Pork and sweet potato fries, while spending some good quality time with her parents. Mike set up the washer and dryer at home...now all we have to do is actually be adventurous and try it! Sofia's still moving! She is going to be active when she comes into the world.

2/17/11: Today was our first birthing class! Sofia did not stop moving the entire time. She is getting excited to enter our world!!!

2/18/11: Sofia learned how to place her foot right on my belly and put pressure. During dinner tonight she held her foot on my belly for a good 30 minutes. Strange feeling, but at least I know she's moving around. Later on in the evening I fell asleep while Mike had his hand on my belly. He told me afterwards that he felt her jabbing often while I slept. I am grateful that Mike can feel her often, now.

2/20/11: I had my first Sofia dream last night!!! The dream was shortly after her birth. She was so tiny, cute, and in a pink onesie. She was very giggly and happy. It was a very cute dream!!! Later at mass, for the second week in a row, Fr. Rafael preached and Sofia kicked a lot during the homily.

2/21/11: We purchased the baby room paint today! Soon Mike will start painting the baby room! Yay! Today we also watched the new Harry Potter movie. Sofia was kicking a lot during the whole movie.

2/24/11: Sofia is growing and moving. Yes...that is the update. This morning I woke up feeling about 5lbs heavier. I think she had a growth spurt last night. Haha. The kicking is still not hurting. And I think she is head down (good position for birth) because most of the movement I feel is in my upper belly. Her feet are pitter-pattering!

2/26/11: Mike painted Sofia's room yesterday. Pictures will be posted when the room is complete. Hopefully we'll have things ready within the next two weeks. We are both getting so excited for Sofia's arrival. Her kicks are getting a little stronger. I think she has grown since last night!

3/3/11: Today Mike & I interviewed our first pediatrician potential. I think finding a doctor for baby Sofia is going to be hard! We loved this first doctor. He actually is from Australia and did international pediatric care! He met his wife while doing international work. We really enjoyed conversing with him. We'll see. Baby Sofia's doctor is in God's hands. We have two more potential doctors to talk to! Tomorrow, Ita (Grandma) Gloria is coming to visit! We are excited (all three of us)!

3/4/11: Last night Mike & I worked on a frame for Baby Sofia's room. Today Mike put up a wallpaper border and he'll hang the frame. For now...the baby room is done! We are still missing a dresser and a baby changing table...but that will come....soon. At least the decorating is done! Pictures are up on our site. My mom, Ita Gloria, is coming tonight! 8PMish!!! Yay!!! She gets to see how much Sofia has grown.

3/5/11: Baby shower (1 of 4) was amazing!!! Ita Gloria had a blast. Sofia was moving the whole time. She got a lot of new clothes. Sofia will be way better dressed than her mami and papi! Oh...how much we love her....and how much friends and family love her already is so wonderful.

3/7/11: Baby shower (2 of 4) was so much fun! It's great to be supported and taken care of at work also. Sofia loved the food they served. She is quickly becoming a spoiled baby.

3/9/11: Sofia has been kicking a lot today. At about 3:15PM she kicked so hard it actually hurt for the first time. We are excited that she's coming soon! Tonight mami and baby are getting a prenatal massage. Yay!

3/10/11: Last night Sofia kicked her mami's rib for the first time. She is truly running out of space in her mami's belly. The rib hurt a little...but luckily the kick was not super hard. Oh....the things you do for love.

3/11/11: Third day of hiccups for our dear Sofia. They are the cutest thing. You see my belly moving up and down rhythmically!

3/21/11: Sofia is moving and growing! 36 weeks today!!

3/22/11: Read this blog on Sofia and her new arrival date! http://catholic-in-the-city.blogspot.com/2011/03/march-22nd-2011-sofias-arrival-trusting.html/

3/23/11: Sofia is moving a lot today!!! I am playing Spanish music in my office...I think she loves it.

3/24/11: Again, Sofia is moving a lot today. Tonight Mike & I have our last birthing class. We will learn how to feed her, bathe her, and basically how to take care of an infant. Perfect timing....since she is coming next week! We are very excited about having Sofia with us. We are also enjoying our last week as a married couple without children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 23rd, 2020: My Reflections on Mass & the Eucharist during Covid-19

January 7th, 2020: Ministering from the Heart of God

Jan. 31st, 2011: Weddings...weddings...weddings...