April 3rd, 2011: A Letter from My Mom Thanking You for Your Prayers

Dear Friends and Family:

I just want to take a minute to thank you for your prayers and support given the journey that we have gone through in birthing Sofia Rose.

Prayers were asked and on Friday April 1st, 2011 we witnessed an epiphany. Sofia Rose Shawver Chinea was born vaginally at 6:49 PM in Albuquerque, Mountain Standard Time, her weight was 5 pounds 15.2 ounces, 19.75 inches, Apgar 8-9; she even latched on immediately to the breast. Sofia was delivered to Michael and Rosie. It has truly been a manifestation of God's love to us via Sofia's Life. Truly Sofia Rose is a gift from the Lord to all of us. Thank you Lord for again being a witness of love.

We had an AHA moment in the delivery. Rosie fainted and loss consciousness due to the loss of too much blood in her fast delivery of 40 minutes...her blood pressure came down very low and we became a witness of an emergency and my adrenaline spiking off of the roof...We reacted very well and I can truly say... that I am a well trained mother and health care professional. Immediately my mind was in prayers and asking again for help from the Lord.

Today, Rosie and Sofia were discharged from Lovelace Women's Hospital (LWH) in Albuquerque...LWH experience was superb and where I only have praises for the care and for allowing and respecting the body and process of birthing and Rosie's birth plan. I am amazed on the services they offer and how they deliver the services and how they maintain the dignity of family members in the most important journey of life...giving birth to a child.

I really want to take this moment not to forget YOU.... for all the prayers, Masses, prayers group meetings and personal prayers that you included Rosie.... I can't forget all the emails, text, voice mails and your positive energy provided through another big journey that I have had this year. I know that is why I have hold up and is because your prayers, your love and you being there for me. Thanks from the bottom of my heart and my family heart.

Love Always,
Gloria

Comments

Natalia said…
I LOVED the text messages that we received with periodic updates. The entire time I was receiving them I was thinking, "Thank goodness our parents know how to text!" Hahaha, even though we were far away, I'm thankful to feel like we were a part of this whole experience. I love you guys and can't wait to see you all soon :)
alice said…
What a lovely letter! May the Lord continue to Bless and keep all of you and we are all so very thankful for a safe delivery of Sofia Rose!

Popular posts from this blog

April 23rd, 2020: My Reflections on Mass & the Eucharist during Covid-19

January 7th, 2020: Ministering from the Heart of God

Jan. 31st, 2011: Weddings...weddings...weddings...