April 10th, 2013: Steadily Improving

Bless me friends, for I have not written a blog in 10 days.  Friends, forgive me.  Life has been really busy.  Holy week, Easter, Mike's parent's visiting from Ohio, planning a trip to Albuquerque for next month and El Salvador in August, amongst other work and family responsibilities.



Today, Sofia and I went to Oxnard to visit my mami.  As you can tell from the picture above she is doing a lot better.  The two major improvements I have seen over the past week are that 1) she is not getting as tired as quickly and 2) her vision is almost completely back to normal - she only has double vision in her left eye, when she looks to the far left.  Today, the entire time I was in Oxnard, I did not see my mami lay down in her bed.  She was either sitting, standing, or walking.  Her physical strength is definitely returning.  

Earlier this week one of my mami's doctors told her that she will fully recover!  This has brought a lot of peace into my families heart.  We know full recovery will still take some time, but we are grateful for the blessings that we have already encountered.  Please continue to pray for my family as we journey with my mami towards recovery.

A.M.D.G.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 23rd, 2020: My Reflections on Mass & the Eucharist during Covid-19

January 7th, 2020: Ministering from the Heart of God

February 7th, 2013: My Mami